Thursday, September 6, 2012

A little bit of this and a whole lot of that.

First of all, can I tell you all just utterly adorable JD McPherson is!?  He is defintiely swoon-worthy.  And to add in the ingredient that he's a local Chicago boy, well that's the incing on the cake for me.  Having lived in Chicago for 6 years (off & on), anything that has to do with Chicago is pure sugar to me.  Plus, his song "North Side Gal" send tingles all down to the my toes.  Why!?  Because I was a North Side Gal in Chicago, having lived in both Old Irving Park and Wicker Park.  My roots are showing, aren't they?  And I don't mean the ones on my head, I mean the ones planted firmly under my feet.

Anywho, I have been listening the JD for quite sometime now and when I need a little pick-me-up at work, he's my go to.  I can't help.  His music makes my feet happy and start to tap under my desk, as I sway back and forth.  Again...swoon-worthy.

Before you ask, I will let you know that last weekend's little R&R session at the local thrift stores and swap meet was glorious.  Yes, glorious!  I don't get why all of a sudden people are getting rid of such amazing pieces.  But their lost is most defintiely my gain.  Or your gain, as we're planning on selling a bunch of it at the upcoming vintage flea market.  Keep an eye of Spit Shine Vintage & Vintage Inspired.  That's me!  And Derek's tiki inspired shop next door to me, The Pod King.  It's fitting.  Both of them are really.

My thrift scores from last weekend.
Have you been on the Facebook group, The Foxy Fox Hole Vintage Rockabilly Show & Tell (that, my friends, was a mouthful)?  If not, I HIGHLY suggest that you get yourself added.  It's not strictly for the ladies, so guys, you'r welcome also.  But I just wanted to give them a little shout out, because I've really gotten close to some of the ladies on there lately.  They make me smile and I enjoy talking with them, even if it is about determining how to tell fake or real Bakelite.  By the way, do you know how to tell?  If not, grab the closest bottle of 409, spray a little tiny bit on a rag, with one swipe on the Bakelite in question, if it turns yellow on the rag, then guess what!?  It's real!  Works every time.

The dress I bought off my dear friend Claudia in our Facebook group.
Also, not to be a Debbie downer or anything, but this past week has been a doosey for me.  It celebrates a lot.  Me being back in San Diego from Chicago for 5 years, my father's year anniversary since passing away, and my grandmother's anniversay of her passing.  I've been in a real slump.  I knew that Derek could tell, because he asked me what was going on.  But to make myself feel a little better, I bought myself a new dress off my friend Claudia.  And since she is local, I'm going tonight to pick it up from her, as we have a double date sushi dinner with the men in our lives.  I'm looking forward to seeing her.  And giving her a big hug.

Well, I hope you are enjoying the weather now that it's cooled off.  At least it has here in San Diego.  I know we are.  Saturday, I'll be in Old Town for the big car show.  Hope to see you all there!

Until next time, lovelies!
Miss Hell

P.S. I finally found the charger for my camera, so no more crappy Instagram photos.  YAY!!

1 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Love that dress - the palette is especially nice as a compliment to the muted, earthy tones of autumn that we're heading into.


♥ Jessica