Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A girl can never have too many...

Of everything!

I have been on what most would call a shopping binge lately.  I really should look into purging soon, though.  My closet is about to bust at the seems, since Derek and I got a roommate to take over the second bedroom and I needed to move all of my vintage clothing into my closet.

But I have gotten some really awesome things lately.  One being a deadstock purple plaid romper that looks to be circa early 1960s with the tags still attached.  Again I say, it's purple and I have nothing to match it.  But I'm sure I can find the right accessories to match swellingly.  (Someone find a dictionary, I'm making up words again.)  I found the romper off Etsy for dirt cheap and because I've never owned a vintage romper, I needed to have it for next summer.  Or Viva Las Vegas, whichever.


Tags are still attached.
Next are 2 dresses I found at a local thrift store.  Now, when I walk the aisles at the thrift stores, looking through the mounds of musty smelling clothes is not on the top of my priority list.  But something told me to take a quick look and I'm glad I did.  I found 2 amazing dresses.



Such a pretty spring design.
The burgundy one is more for casual wear.  I was thinking about pairing it with a black belt and black flats with a cardigan for work.  The white one is reminds me of an Easter dress.  I think I might need to pick up a cute little hat and gloves to wear with it.  Do you agree?  Both are not "vintage" as in they are straight out of the post war era, but they do have that vintage look to them and the material is breathable.  I can't wait to wear them.

Lastly, I've been feeding my addiction to purses and handbags.  I love them.  Like you have no idea.  And it was kickstarted (like my heart) when I picked up a lucite purse for next to nothing at Tiki Oasis a few weeks ago.  Followed by a black patten leather clutch. And then the brown purse and a cream colored purse with bakelite adornments.


Until next time, lovelies!
Miss Hell

P.S. Here is a photo of my little man on the day we went out on the boat with our friends Mark & Lynne.  And their Boston Terrier, Tiki.




5 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Call me materialistic if you like, but I wholeheartedly agree. There's much to be said for having lots of all the things you love (assuming your possessions don't overrun your life and home), and just adore all of these awesome gems you've picked up lately.

♥ Jessica

Miss Hell said...

Thank you, Jessica! It seems that lately things have been popping out at me and I'm so glad, because as much as I love to shop, I get discouraged when it comes to vintage. So I give up easily. But thank you again! :)

Kathleen said...

Love the white vintage purse.

Nika Chick said...

Wow! I love that fantastic white dress! It is unbelievably beautiful!

And the bags! You are right, that's never enough!

Nika Chick said...

Wow! I love that fantastic white dress! It is unbelievably beautiful!

And the bags! You are right, that's never enough!