Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Handmade Snapshot Holder {tutorial}

I made this snapshot holder as one of the birthday gifts for Alex, as she is turning 5 years old in a couple of weeks.  I can't believe it.  She is growing up so fast.  I miss my precious baby girl.  Now, she is Miss Independent, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
So, here is a tutorial of the snapshot holder I made for her, since she loves photos and likes to look at them.  A girl after my own heart.

I found this old needlepoint circle at a thrift store for $.99.  I don't know why I bought it, I don't needlepoint.  But I thought it was really neat looking.  And huge!  You will also need wooden clothes pins, some ribbon (I used black satin ribbon), scissors, a glue gun, and a couple of snapshots to showcase.

First step: Hot glue the ribbon to the needlepoint circle.  Leave enough ribbon to be able to hang the snapshot holder from on the wall.  I used about 1.25 feet of ribbon.

I also added a little ribbon as a bow for an embelishment.
Second step: Start hot gluing the wooden clothes pins to the needlepoint circle.  I spaced them about 2.5 inches apart from each other.

I also alternated the direction of the clothes pins and opted for spring clothes pins, so to be able to better hold the snapshots than the vintage duckbill clothes pins would.

Final Step: Find a great spot on your wall to hang and pin your chosen snapshots to it.  And lastly, enjoy.

Until next time, lovelies!
Miss Hell

0 comments: