Monday, January 14, 2013

Music Monday: Neko Case

Source
Before you go assuming...no, Neko Case is NOT rockabilly.  I'm not sure how categorize her, other than maybe alternative country.  I first heard Neko Case by chance when she opened for Big Sandy many many moons ago (at least 10 years ago) at the Casbah when I was in town from Chicago visiting family for the holidays.  She blew me away.  However, her name always stuck in my head, even though I didn't listen to her music as much as I would have liked to.  It wasn't until a few years ago when a friend from Chicago and I were talking right before I moved back about how she and the guy she liked would sit for hours and listen to Neko Case albums.  It got me intrigued to listen to her again.  So I brought her up on Youtube and rediscovered one my most favorite singers.  Her voice can make even the strongest of the strong swoon.

My personal favorite song is a toss up between "Furnace Room Lullaby", "Maybe Sparrow" or this little duet with another favorite of mine, Nick Cave, which was originally by the Zombies...

Neko Case & Nick Cave - "She's Not There"


Until next time, lovelies!
Miss Hell

0 comments: